Monday, January 18, 2010

Salomon and Malakoff to end 2009

Race: Salomon X-Trail Run 2009
Date: 6th December 2009, 8.00am
Venue: Bukit Kiara Equestrian & Country Resort, Kuala Lumpur
Distance: 12km
Website: http://www.quickrelease.com.my/xtrail
Why this race: I didn't know exactly why I signed up, but no regret! The Salomon shirt and porch bag are pretty nice too.

While many running mates had travelled to Singapore to do SCSM, I signed up this event instead. I don't want to elaborate any further about trail run and Kiara route, check out here and here. I thought many had gone to Singapore, was a little shock to see the number of people turned up. Trail running has its own fan group, huh.

Glad that I had checked out the route earlier, I had all the necessary expectations. I just stayed focus walking/hiking/running. I completed with the time of 1:44:10. I didn't know how I did as the website only listed the winners, but I certainly like trail running very much now, and I am sure I will do more in the future!

p.s. Another reason is because I spent to much on the trail running shoes, I have to make most out of it LOL


Race: Malakoff Kuala Lumpur 2009
Date: 20th December 2009, 7.00am
Venue: Bukit Kiara, Kuala Lumpur
Distance: 12km
Website: http://www.malakoffrun.com.my
Why this race:
1. I missed this event last year (but this year was entirely a different route)
2. Wanted to pia like in Mizuno Wave Run and see how I do in shorter distance

Betting with my Sis for a bowl of pan-mee, I had set a target of 76 min after considering my timing in Mizuno Wave Run, 70.5 min for 11km (anyway some with GPS watch pointed later the Malakoff route was slightly shorter than 12km). I didn't know the route condition at first, but when I learned that Jalan Berangin is very very hilly, I was not very surprised because Pacesetters (the Organizer) likes to torture the runners by putting as many hilly routes as possible.

Later more and more people were discussing how hilly the route is, some even had posted their version of "route analysis". Brother Tey even put a photo album to illustrate how hilly is the route..., they would be 7 hills to tackle in a short 12km distance! I started to get a bit nervous, didn't put high hope of achieving the target I had set.

During the race, I just pia pia pia. Of course I am not machine, I might have slowed down at some slopes, but I would try my best to keep going. I don't usually speed when running down hill in trainings in order not to add burden to the knees too much, I ran down as fast as I could (as long as I won't fall down) in the race. You know what, I achieved 73 min 6 seconds! (my Sis already treated me the pan-mee at the time of writing LOL)

Unfortunately, probably due to timing chip problem, my timing was not recorded, so I don't see my name in the result list. They are quite a few people that I know do not have their timing recorded too. I am very disappointed as I have really put a lot of efforts in this race. Hopefully I will still get the certificate mailed to me.

No comments: